Little Paul had fall break the first week of October. Paige still had school so we did things close to home. Paul wanted to spend most of the time at home playing with his toys. The only thing he asked to do during his break was go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Paul is fascinated by sea creatures and is always asking me when we can go to an Aquarium again. Well I finally said, "yes, let's go". My good friend here has guest passes to the Aquarium and was kind enough to let us use them for this outing.
So I love love the jelly fish exhibit there. It is amazing and it has always been my favorite exhibit there until recently. I've become more and more fascinated by the seahorses. They intrigue me. I love that they dance to court their mate. They are monogamous creatures and mate for life! I love that their tails entwine and their bodies spin in unison. The female entrusts her eggs to her mate and the males are the ones that get pregnant and give birth! Seriously?? Are they for real? I hope that in another life I come back as a female seahorse and watch my male mate give birth to our baby seahorses. It all sounds so dreamy.
We had a couple of play dates, a day at the park and the rest of the week was spent playing at home. I think Paige has really missed having her brother around. She loved every minute of it.
On the weekend we got to go pick apples with Dad at Gizdich Ranch. The golden delicious was our family favorite from this trip. They had a lot of different varieties but we seemed to all gravitate back to the golden delicious.
| Paul posing with the eels. |
| Zoey in a clamshell. |
| Paul coming out of the tunnel. |
| Zoey loved running across the waterbed. |
| Not sure what this was because I was chasing after Zoey but Paul seemed to really enjoy it. |
| All three kids checking out the same thing at the same time. |
| Zoey is speechless |
| New jelly fish exhibit at Monterey. These were spotted and so cool! |
| Paige looks extra special here but she loved the purple jelly fish also in the new exhibit. |
| Paul with the brown, turqoise and white with purple dots jelly fish also in the new exhibit. Also very cool! |
| Paige and Paul in the new jelly fish exhibit. If you haven't been in awhile, this new exhibit is really fun. |
| Movie night with popcorn. Zoey loves snuggling next to her big brother. |
| Movie night. |
| Paul picking a golden delicious apple. |
| Paige never helps when we go pick fruit. She just eats:) We don't bother getting her a bucket anymore because we end up carrying it. She ate about 10 apples that day. |
| Zoey loved running down the aisles. She's also proud to be in the USA. |
| She also just eats mostly from the buckets of apples already picked. |
| Dad ate a lot of apples too but he also picked a lot of them. |
| Paul was the best picker. He lives for this stuff. He climbed up so many trees looking for the perfect apple. |
| Trying to keep this monster from taking little bites out of our picked apples. |
| Paige wanted to sit down for a second and got stuck. |
2 comments:
i've got to go to that aquarium. and eat tiny bites of many apples. MuHAHAHAHAHA
You always figure out the coolest places to go with your kids. I want you to adopt me. The picture of Zoey next to Paul on the couch should be framed and put on my wall.
Post a Comment