Life got really busy with the start of school. We just have to be on time for so many things and my kids have no concept of time. Every morning I get myself and the kids dressed and ready for the day. Then we walk downstairs and make some breakfast. While the kids eat, I make Paul's lunch and get his backpack ready for school. I quickly eat breakfast and have the kids brush their teeth and go to the bathroom. This is usually the time where I yell, "Hurry up you guys. We are running late". Then something else will happen that will make us even more late like Zoey going #2 in her diaper, Paige running upstairs to get a small toy, Paul going #2 in one of the bathrooms upstairs, Paul going upstairs to play with his legos, Zoey climbing on the counter and taking a bath in the sink, Paul taking his socks off and not remembering where he took them off and the list goes on and on. After lots of yelling, we get our shoes on and jump in the car. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday we only have to take Paul to school. We park the car and everybody gets out and we walk Paul to his classroom door. We usually stay in his classroom for 10-15 minutes while he gets some of his work done. We leave once Zoey starts to be disruptive. Sometimes we are only in there a few minutes before Zoey is trying to climb up on the tables or starts throwing things off the shelves. This is our cue and we quickly get out of there. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we have to leave a little earlier because we take Paige to her preschool class first. When we get there, I get all three kids out of the car and we walk Paige to her class. Then we run back to the car and hurry because we only have 10 minutes to get to Paul's school, park and walk him to class. We are always running to the door as the last student is walking through the door. This keeps my blood pumping. After school pick up goes the same way. I have to pick up both kids at their classroom door. Mondays Paul has soccer and Tuesdays Paige has dance class. It seems like every other day we either have a play date at our house or the kids are going to a friend's house for a play date. And then there is reading and homework. I don't know how parents with many kids in school do it.
I feel like August and September flew by. I'm not sure what we did those two months but according to the pictures on my camera we did get out a little. One of our favorite things to do is hike up the big hill close to our house. There is a big tree and swing up there that my kids love. I love the views.
 |
| Paige on the swing. It used to be an actual swing but it broke and was replaced with a log. My kids still loved it. |
 |
| Zoey loved the swing but thought every turn should be hers. She threw a fit every time we made her get off. |
 |
| Paul really got high on this log swing. |
 |
| Paul and Paige |
 |
| Dad and Zoe |
 |
| Only picture to show I was there too. |
While the big kids were in school, we took the little ones to Happy Hollow with some friends. It was fun to make an outing just about Paige. She loved the special attention.
 |
| Paige with her friend Kyle. |
 |
| Zoey loves driving the cars. |
 |
| My motherly daughter taking care of her younger sister on one ride. |
 |
| Even though her and Kyle are the same age, Paige would run over to his chair and help him out. |
 |
| I asked for her best smolder and this is what I got. She's a natural. |
We made it to one of our favorite indoor places one Saturday Paul didn't have to do schoolwork which is pretty rare these days.
 |
| Paige loves anything purple and pink. |
 |
| Paige and Zoey in the foam pit. |
 |
| Zoey liked being burried in the foam. |
 |
| My three kids playing nicely together. Zoey is small but she loves to play with the big kids. She holds her own most of the time. |
 |
| Waiting in line for the zip line! |
 |
| Paul on the zip line. |
 |
| Paige on the zip line. |
 |
| Zoey was so tired and took a short nap while her older siblings kept playing hard. She doesn't nap like this very much anymore so I was loving every second of it. I'm not ready for another baby but I miss all the cuddles. |
4 comments:
Great update! We need to go visit that swing again now. :) love how zoey would throw a fit when she had to get off. That looks like a fun place too with the foam. Looks like they had a blast.
Okay and I'm so laughing about the morning routine. Glad that I'm not the only one feeling chaos. :) feel free to bring Paul any tues or thurs morning we can take him!
sounds like there is a lot of #2, yelling and running going on. that's a lot like my life.
I love that log swing. I need to move back in with you guys.
Post a Comment