Sunday, October 28, 2012

Field Trips and Carving Pumpkins

Paige had her very first field trip and it was to the Pumpkin Patch.  Paul worked from home while Zoey napped and I got to spend the morning with just Paige. It was so fun to have some one on one time together since it is pretty rare these days with Dad in school. We first met up with her classmates for a little snack. Then we went on a train ride, learned about how pumpkins grow, walked through the corn maze and then picked out a pumpkin to take home. 

Paige on the train. 
They pyramid of pumpkins! 
Paige makes a pretty cute blonde. 
My friend gave me this little pink hand sanitizer that Paige is obsessed with. She insisted she pose with it for this picture. 
Paige with the pumpkins.  
This is the pumpkin she chose to take home. 
The parents were allowed to pick one too:)
One night while Dad and Grandma were around, we carved the pumpkins we brought home from Paige's field trip. We used Dad's drill to drill small holes in the sides and back for more light to shine through (thanks Pinterest). We also baked the pumpkin seeds and ate them afterwards. 

Here are the pumpkins lit up with a Glade candle and left over birthday candle (it's all I could find). 
Paul's pumpkin he designed and helped execute. He even got to drill some holes himself. 
Here is the pumpkin Paige designed and helped execute. 

Paul also went on a field trip to a different Pumpkin Patch. He was so excited he got to ride on a school bus for the first time. I think he was more excited about the bus than the pumpkin patch. I volunteered to go kind of as a chaperone but not really because I had my two girls with me. Grandma was able to come to the pumpkin patch with us as well. Paul's teacher is so nice and counted the girls as students and they were able to ride the train and pick pumpkins. Sometimes, I feel a little like a freak show showing up everywhere with my active kids. I guess I thought other parent's would bring siblings but nope it was just me with the crazies:) At least most of the parents and the students have gotten to know my girls and like having them around. It was also nice to have Grandma there with me to help keep eyes on the kids. 

The kids arriving to the pumpkin patch on the bus. 
Zoey was excited to see Paul.  
Zoey tried to take advantage of the maze while the big kids were off doing something else. 
My cute Zoey.
This is the pumpkin Paul chose. 
Waiting for the train ride. 
It was a cute train ride but super super slow. We could have walked faster. 
It was fun to spend a little time with Paul there. 
My aspiring model. 
Zoey waived and yelled at the people on the train every time it came by. It was very exciting for her. 
She also loved climbing on the stacks of pumpkins. 
Paige loved this little baby pumpkin. Anything baby size is appealing to her. 
Zoey tried to take a bite out of every pumpkin she could big or small. 

2 comments:

emily said...

your kids are wild, but sure are cute.

Peggy said...

I loved going to the pumpkin patch and carving pumpkins with you.