For Memorial Day Weekend we decided to go up to San Francisco and Napa Valley to check things out before my parents come in July. We spent the first day in San Francisco. Paul and I have both been to San Francisco about 5 or 6 times each but have never been the ones to act as tour guide. I really love the city and think it's one of the prettiest cities I've been to. However, I don't find it to be very kid friendly. I guess I don't know the city well enough and the best ways to get around. We started out in Union Square and took the cable car to Chinatown. From there we walked to Washington Square, Coit Tower, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39 and then took the Cable Cars back to Union Square. It was so much walking up and down hills. The beginning of the day was a lot of fun but we started hating life towards the end of the day just from exhaustion. We didn't take a stroller which was a big mistake but also pushing a stroller up a hill is not that easy either. I carried Zoey in the Bjorn, Paul carried Paige and we thought Little Paul would walk. However, he got tired and Paul carried both Paige and Paul most of the time. Next time we are going to cab it! I think I know what to do and what not to do when my parents come to visit. Paul will be working so it will just be me giving the tour of SF. Hope it goes well!
| The heart at Union Square |
| Cable Car Ride |
| Taking a break in Chinatown |
| Egg Tart Pastry in Chinatown |
| Enjoying the views from Coit Tower |
The next day we went to Napa Valley. It was the first visit for both Paul and I. Napa is a beautiful couples' getaway. We didn't see very many kids there and then we showed up with 2 toddlers and a new baby...not so romantic. Luckily, our kids were very well behaved and actually got a lot of attention. There were 2 wineries I found that accepted kids. We went to Sterling Vineyards because they have an arial tram that takes you to the winery which is set on a hill. The views from the top were amazing and the kids loved the tram ride. The other kid-friendly winery is a recreation of a Tuscan Castle. We drove by the castle and it is pretty magnificent. I think we will tour that one when my parents are visiting.
| Paige on the winery tour. |
| The kids learning about winemaking (every parent's dream) :) |
| The views from the top. |
| The kids got juice boxes at the end of the tour. |
| I guess I enjoyed the ride down. Zoey was passed out. |
| Waiting for dad at the visitor's center. |
| Petrified Forest |
![]() |
| Proof that Zoey was with us on this trip |
| Petrified Wood |
| More petrified wood |
![]() |
| Even more petrified wood |
| Paul loved the sparklers |
| Fireworks! |
![]() |
| Enjoying the fireworks |



2 comments:
gotta love those winery tours. tourism is just exhausting in itself... i can't imagine it with kids. way to go you guys! can't wait to see more updates...
I love that I lived with you for so long and hadn't seen this pictures yet. I guess we watch too many smutty tv shows to have time to look at pictures.
Post a Comment