Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June Update including Paige's 2nd Birthday

June has been a crazy but fun month. I spent most of the month trying to figure out how to handle a newborn with two toddlers at home. We tried to get out the beginning of the month but now it is getting pretty hot and the idea of a baby strapped to my chest in the heat is not the slightest bit appealing to me. 

Zoey is 6-weeks-old and over 9 lbs. She has become more alert but still likes to spend the majority of the day sleeping. She smiles now when I smile at her. She also can hold her head up pretty well now. The kids still adore her and smother her most of the day. They take turns holding her whenever she is awake. 

Paige had a birthday yesterday. I can't believe she is 2! I hate that time is going by so fast. She is such a fun girl with so much personality. She loves to play with her brother but also loves to bully him around. She still loves babies, singing and dancing. She is still by far the messiest child I've seen. Her favorite things to say are "No, I don't want to" and "Paul hurt me" (even though it is usually her that hurts Paul). She yells "Ta Da" when she walks into a room. She's got the most amazing cheeks that I love to squeeze and kiss. This month she gave up her nap. She was spending her nap times playing with her stuffed animals, singing and taking her diaper off and either peeing or pooping in her crib. I was going to give her quiet time in her crib every day at nap time but then got sick of having to wash her bedding every day. She gets to bed more quickly at night and sleeps in longer in the morning. I don't think she wants to miss out on any of the action during the day. I'm totally in love with this child. She makes me laugh every day and I love being able to hang out with her. Happy Birthday Paige! Here are a lot of photos from this month. 

Paul holding Zoey
Paige
Paul
Paige holding Zoey
Paige holding Zoey again
Paul at the park
Paige at the park 
Paige with her hair up (it only lasts for an hour tops before she rips it out)
Paul, Paige and Zoey
Paige and Zoey
Paige holding Zoey
Zoey
Paul on the roller coaster at Happy Hollow
Paige on the fire truck ride
Paul and Paige at the playground. Paul helps her get around the structures since it's hard for me to
Paige on the carousel
Swinging together at the park
Paige dipping her crackers in the water at the park. Yum!
Paul loves running in the water
Running through the fountains
Paul by far has the most fun out of anyone there. 
Paul wetting his hair. Another favorite is putting his head over the fountain hole and getting sprayed in the face. 

Paul and Paige with Zoey in new t-shirts they got as a gift from a friend. 
Paul holding Zoey
Paul and Paige being goofy

Paul and Paige

Such good friends
My husband thought it would be fun to do some family painting. This is what happened when mom and dad were concentrating on their paintings
Paul with his body paint
Painted Paige
Hosing off
Ready to go to church
Ready to go to church
Cute Paige
Paul as a firefighter at the kid's museum
Firefighter Paul
Face painting at the kid's museum. The other parents painted cute little butterflies and animal faces on their kids. I let mine paint their own. I think he looks cute
Paige didn't want to paint her face. She painted her arm instead.

We spent Father's Day weekend at Gilroy Gardens. Here is Dad with Paige at the Dinosaur Exhibit. 

Paul did not want to leave the exhibit. He loves dinosaurs.
Train ride
Paige's favorite fish ride
Happy Birthday to the pretty girl!
Paul excited it's Paige's Birthday and he gets to eat cake
Paige next to her cake. Little Paul helped me make it. It's a sand castle if you can't tell what it is. 
Cake Shot
We went to this glorified Chuck e Cheese place for her birthday. It was a lot of fun. The best part about the night was watching my husband crawl through the little tunnels and slide down the narrow slides after Paige. Priceless. 
Paul steering his pirate ship.
Paige in the ball pit.
Paul in the ball pit. 
I think my husband had more fun than anyone. At one point in the night I saw Paige wandering around by herself. We went to go find Dad and found him here doing this. He is such a kid.
Mom being extra special accidently shipped most of Paige's gifts to our house in South Pasadena. I didn't realize this until the day before her birthday. Our tenants were kind enough to ship them to us so hopefully she will get the rest of her gifts today. Here she is opening the few gifts we had. I felt really bad but she still doesn't fully get the whole birthday thing yet so she didn't even notice. Whenever I would wish her a happy birthday she would wish me one as well ;)

6 comments:

emily said...

i hope she wasn't bummed out that the tie dye is for zoey. ha. i love it all. your cute little mischievous kids make me laugh. glad it was a lot of fun.
and my favorite part was when paige dipped her crackers in the water :)

Angela said...

Happy Birthday, Paige! She is so adorable. I can't believe it's been two years already. I hope you are enjoying the summer and your three beautiful kids!

California Garners said...

Super cute family!

julia said...

so cute!! happy bday paige! i can't believe how long her hair is. we'll be there in a few weeks, hope we get to see you guys! ps nice job on the cake, you are fancy!

shayna said...

Paige's cake rocks. Honestly, I will pay you to make me one of those. Paige looks so grown up. I think it's all that hair. Can I keep your kids for a while? Please? I'm so happy to see more pictures of Zoey. I think I love her.

Pearl said...

Paul, Paige and Zoey are all sooo cute!! We miss you guys terribly..It's Caitlyn's bday today and that is crazy to think she and Paige are 2 now...