Monday, May 16, 2011

The New Proctor Addition

After 41 weeks of pregnancy, we decided to induce. My mom flew into town on Mother's Day and I went into the hospital the following morning at 4:30 am. Paul stayed back with the kids so one of us would be there when they woke up and my mom came to the hospital with me. They started me on Pitocin around 6 am and very light contractions started. Around 9:30 am, my doctor came and broke my water. My contractions quickly got stronger after that. Around 6 cm I got an epidural and Paul swapped places with my mom. I dilated pretty fast and pushed for less than 15 minutes (about 3 contractions) before the baby came out. This by far was the fastest and easiest labor and delivery I've had. I had to push for an hour and a half with Paul and 2 hours and 45 minutes with Paige. Baby Zoey Olivia was born on May 9th at 12:44 pm weighing 6 lbs and 15 ounces and measuring 19 1/2 inches tall. She is my smallest baby. She was born with black hair and grey/blue eyes. She looks a lot like Little Paul when he was a baby (kind of like an old man). It will be fun to see what she looks like later on but I think we will have one girl that is more white looking (Paige) and one that is more Asian looking (Zoey).

Zoey and I were discharged early from the hospital the following night and I got to spend my 30th birthday at home enjoying my new baby girl and the rest of my family. My mom spent the whole day cooking all kinds of Korean food and made a chocolate cake with Little Paul. I am a mother to 3 kids under the age of 5 at 30.

My mom was here for 6 days and just left. It was really hard for me to see her go this time and I broke down in tears when she left. She is a Saint and did so much for me my first week home. I am so grateful for such an amazing mom. She went to the store and cooked every meal from scratch and also made many more meals for my family in the fridge and freezer. She watched my kids, did all my laundry, took Paul to school and cleaned my whole house before she left. I don't know what I would have done without her here. The first week home is always the hardest and I love my husband and all but no one can take care of me like my mom. I'm still feeling sad since she is so far away in Michigan but excited to see her again and my dad in July.

I recover really fast which is really nice but this time around the baby and I had a really difficult time nursing. Zoey couldn't latch on properly and when my milk came in she couldn't empty the milk. This led to many many plugged ducts which I'm sure some of you know is really painful. I spent the whole week nursing and pumping and I think she is finally getting the hang of it. She was pretty fussy this week and cried every time she nursed out of frustration and any time I put her down. It was a tough week but things are starting to get easier. Paul and Paige have been surprisingly good so far. There was one incident where they were mud bathing in the backyard completely nude but other than that pretty good. I was really worried about Paige being such a needy child but she loves the baby and the only problems I have with her is her wanting to hold the baby all the time. Paul has a better understanding of whats going on and he has also been really good. He also loves the baby and smells and kisses her all the time. I think she smells nice like a new baby but Paul thinks she stinks. He asks that I bath her everyday. Go figure. They fight over whose turn it is to hold her. They had a fun time with Grandma and Paul was upset when she left.

Today was my first day alone with the kids and it went pretty well. Paul is going to take a few days this week and my mother-in-law should be here next week but today I flew solo and I survived.  And we only watched an hour of tv :)
























10 comments:

Angela said...

Loved your birth story. :) Totally hilarious that Paul wants Zoey to have a bath every day, but he bathes nude in the mud! I am so happy for you and your family! And glad you had a great birthday! p.s. super impressed with only watching 1 hour of tv!

williamsfam5 said...

SO SO SO CUTE! Congratulations!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations Eun Young! Your babies are so beautiful!

Edee H. Proctor said...

Love the pictures, love the story! glad the first day on your own was a success! Can't wait to meet her.

julia said...

i'm so happy for you and your cute family. sounds like you had an awesome labor which is great. she's is beautiful and i can't wait to see her a little bigger so
we can analyze who she looks like! can't wait to meet her in july - hopefully!

Pearl said...

Eunnie, Zoey is so cute! aww..to hold a newborn again.. and seeing Paul and Paige so proud of their little sister is just so precious..can't believe you have 3 now...can't wait to meet Zoey..

shayna said...

I always love to hear about the birth. I always try to pump myself up for having my own kids. Can you just have a bunch more kids and I can have a few? I love zoey already. Love you. Thanks for more pictures.

emily said...

wow. it was nice to learn more about the details. i am really proud of you for all you do. i'm glad my mom is there now to help. and glad your mom was a rockstar as always. i love you. can't wait to be with you. hope things continue to improve and i hope to see more photos soon.

marcela said...

DEAR PAIGE AND PAUL,
YOUR BABY SISTER IS SO CUTE! I LIKE HER A LOT AND I WANT TO HAVE A PLAY DATE ONE TIME. AND TELL ME YOU DIRECTIONS SO I CAN SEND YOU A LETTER WITH A PICTURE OF MY SISTER AND ME. MISS YOU A LOT AND I WISH I CAN HOLD YOUR BABY. I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH YOUR BABY AND THAT YOU DONT FIGHT WITH HER.
LOTS OF KISSES AND HUGS AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH,
MELANIA AND KAMBRIA

Miss Bear said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful story, and fabulous little girl! I hope you are getting right into the swing of things. I'm sure you are..you were meant to be a mommy!! :)
Love you guys, wish we could see you more often! Eric is coming home from his mission in June..if you need an excuse to come and visit ut! :)