Thursday, April 26, 2012

No Sick Days

I've said this before, but the worst part about being a mom is being a mom when you are sick. Seriously, how are you supposed to take care of yourself and even the basic needs of little children and babies when you feel like poop (yes, I said poop)? Why can't I use a sick day? My kids always get sick first which is nice because I can take care of them while I am feeling okay. However, when they start feeling better,  I get sick. You don't want to ask your friends or extended family to help out because you don't want to get them or their families sick. So, you just miserably take care of your kids and try to take a short nap while the baby is napping and the older ones are watching a movie. Meals consists of cold cereal and anything they can find in the pantry. Everyone just stays in their pajamas all day, the house is a disaster, and there are random spills and sticky spots on the floor.

I should start a business that has babysitters available to go into homes of sick parents and take care of the kids and the sick parent. The sitters will wear special space helmets so they don't get sick themselves. That would be awesome. I'm totally doing it.

You know, I should also start a service for when parents feel like eating brownies and taking a nap. I had one of those days today and a sitter/maid/cook would have been nice. I'm having all kinds of good business ideas today!

(P.S. I was sick over a week ago so no need to check in on me. I am totally good now!)

3 comments:

Peggy said...

So sorry. I know how it is. Pray and maybe your visiting teacher will get the message to come to your aid. I remember them coming to my aid once when I was so sick that I couldn't move. I'm so glad that you are better now. Wish we lived closer, darn it.

Jill said...

Ok, so I was totally going to text you and then I saw your PS. :) I COMPLETELY get what you're saying! That's what's been so hard this week. My mom keeps telling me that I need to rest and take it easy and I'm thinking, that's easier said than done with 4 kids running around the house. No fair!! I LOVE your idea...I'll be your business partner. I think you're totally on to something.

shayna said...

I love the space helmet idea. I will design the logo for that. Eunnie, call me when you're sick. Eric or I will come and take care of your kids. Seriously.