We thought it would be fun to go for a hike at Quicksilver Park last weekend. Hiking with my kids is a lot of work. It seems like the older the kids get, the less they want to walk. How does a five-year-old boy run out of energy? After about 10 minutes of walking, he is tired and has to sit down every few minutes to take a break and whine. Paul says walking is boring but if we say we want to race then he gets all kinds of energy. We did a lot of racing on the hike. My husband carried Paige on his back the whole hike up since she was a little sick and I carried Zoey on my front. A couple times on the way up my husband asked if we should just head back. I wanted to finish the hike so we pushed forward. Paige got down near the end for a few minutes but of course she fell and scraped her arm. We were glad we made it to the end because there was a super pretty view at the top. Little Paul agreed it was beautiful and even though he complained almost the whole time he said he wanted to go on this hike again someday. We will keep trying and hopefully someday everyone will walk on their own and enjoy it.
 |
| Paige riding on Dad's back |
 |
| Paul on one of his many breaks. It didn't help that he chose to wear the thickest longest socks on a warm day. |
 |
| Paige's scrape on her arm |
 |
| Zoey napped on the way up but woke up when we got to the end. |
 |
| Yay! We made it! |
 |
| Zoey happy to be outside |
 |
| Paul just being Paul:) |
 |
| Using my nursing cover as a cape |
I've decided my kids have the most fun doing things that involve getting wet or dirty. They had such a fun time together in the backyard yesterday playing with the hose and watering plants and then coloring on the concrete with chalk and jumping/rolling around in it.
4 comments:
I'm going to need to borrow your nursing cape. I'm feeling super-hero-ish.
You are really getting good. I love all these photos and the dialogue and whining about walking, all too familiar.
oh my gosh that is the same with Kai!! Walking and hiking equals whining. I feel like it is a constant thing that I have to try to be positive and make a game out of it or whatever...it's exhausting. Good job for persevering! I too love the cape. :)
i feel like this post captures the essence of you guys. i love it so much. and i love that paul wore such thick socks on the hike. i bet it was just as annoying during hikes when i was young.
Post a Comment