It had been a little while since we took a trip to the beach so last weekend we took a trip to Rio Del Mar Beach with some friends. It was 73 degrees and sunny at the beach. The water was freezing but all the little people didn't seem to mind. I had forgotten how difficult the beach is with a walking baby. Zoey loved it but she was covered in sand the whole time we were there. I tried dusting off her face and hands every so often but gave up after a couple of hours. She ate a lot of sand. I mean a lot.
 |
| Paige loves to play in the sand |
 |
| Zoey loved hanging out in this little tent a friend brought. Notice the sandy face. |
 |
| My little beach boy spent the day running back and forth in the ocean |
 |
| Notice the face and hand in this one |
 |
| Mom and Zoey |
 |
| Paul lost his body in the sand |
 |
| Zoey loved knocking down anything the others built |
My baby turned 1 today! Today I wished I could keep her a baby forever. I don't think it will come true but you can't blame a mother for trying.
Everyone knows Zoey as "the walking baby" because she started walking at 8-months-old and is now practically running. She is on the move all the time. She loves to climb up and down the stairs, climb on top of our train table, pull out everything from the cabinets under the sink, pull out all the play toys from the play kitchen, empty any drawer she can open, put her hands in the toilet, unroll the toilet paper, jump on the beds, ride around in our toy cars, clap her hands, wave good-bye, dance and sing. As you can see from the above list, she keeps me very busy. She loves her older brother and squeals in delight when he is around. She loves her older sister as well but screams when she is around:) Paige smothers her with love and it is too much for Zoey to handle;)
We didn't do anything fancy for her birthday. We just had a little family party for her at home. It was nice. She didn't know it was her birthday. She doesn't know what a birthday is. She doesn't know how to open presents. She doesn't get that the presents are hers. She joined the sugar club today. She likes sugar. Welcome to the club Zoey! We love you!
5 comments:
I love 1st birthdays, when the birthday girl doesn't know it's her birthday. She looks so grown up. I love sugar.
You are really getting good with that camera! Happy Birthday Zoey! So many darling photos of Zoe. Trust me, I understand every word you had to say. You've got to watch that girl with the sand, though. In by gone days women ate sand to achieve a whiter complexion. And the reason for the whiter face is the Consumption[pulmonary tuberculosis] that eating sand caused. Oh but the beach is so much fun!
Happy birthday, cutie pie! I love watching my babies sleep, even though they're not babies anymore!
you're such a creepy mom. ha not at all! she does look so grown up. I need to see her and squeeze her. happy birthday to her.
So cute!
Post a Comment