Friday, April 27, 2012

Easter

Easter is one of my favorite holidays. I love how excited my kids get before an Easter Egg Hunt. They love it so much they practice hiding and finding empty eggs before and after Easter. Dying eggs is so fun for me and the kids. And who doesn't love getting an Easter Basket Easter Sunday? I also love that my kids, especially Paul, is starting to understand why we celebrate certain holidays like Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Our Church has an Easter Egg Hunt for all the kids the Saturday before Easter. It is at a nearby park and we have a yummy dessert style breakfast. The little kids get to start first and then they let the big kids loose. Paul, now 5, fell under the "big kid" category and had to wait a few minutes before he dashed to the big rocks. 

Paige hunting
Paul at the rocks
The two looking together
And the pounding of candy begins...
I don't give my kids candy or things with artificial color at home so they take advantage of events like this;) I don't think we left with any candy. 
Zoey slept through the Easter Egg Hunt. When she woke up all the eggs were gone but she was still all smiles!

Thanks to Pinterest, we tried a few different methods to color eggs this year. First we colored the eggs with crayons while they were hot so the crayon melted onto the eggs. This was pretty cool. Next we painted the eggs with baking soda paint and then poured vinegar over them to create "volcano eggs". This was also a big hit. Last but not least, we dyed them in colored water the traditional way which was a must. We got some colorful eggs!

Coloring eggs with crayon
Volcano Eggs
Colored water
Paul's special egg
Paige's special egg
Our colorful nest of eggs
Discovering Easter Baskets
Discovering Easter Baskets
Zoey getting pumped for the Easter Egg Hunt in our backyard. 
The golden egg had $1 bill inside! The other eggs had dimes and quarters. 
Guess who got the golden egg?
Paige got a good share of eggs herself.
After the hunt
I just wanted one nice photo of the kids in their nice Easter dress maybe with their arms around each other. However, it is near impossible to get them to all smile nicely. I usually have about 5 seconds before someone gets up and these are the kinds of smiles I get from my kids in those 5 seconds:)

3 comments:

shayna said...

I love that last picture of the kids. Zoey's arms look enormous.

Peggy said...

Wow oh wow, you posted a lot of fun pictures. You are getting pro at this. I am so happy too since I got to see all of the kids for about five minutes in SL.

emily said...

oh man. but even though you can't get that shot of them you want - they look super duper cute. i love all the fun egg ideas you tried with them and they seem to be having so much fun! that's the most important :)