Friday, March 9, 2012

Winter Break

Happy Birthday to my husband, Paul! It is his birthday today and we don't get to see him at all:(  He is in San Francisco for school. It's weird to be away from him on his birthday. I can't remember the last time we were apart on our birthdays. We are planning to celebrate on Sunday so stay tuned. Lucky for all of you, I am getting caught up on the blog while he is away. 

Last week was winter break for Little Paul and the weather here couldn't have been better. It was in the 70's most of the week so we tried to take advantage of it as much as possible. Unfortunately, we have reached the stage where Zoey doesn't nap well while out. I used to put her in a baby carrier and she would be out for hours. She gets too distracted now and has a hard time going to sleep. So now we have to be home for her naps as much as possible to avoid a cranky baby. We've been trying to do a craft in the morning while Zoey naps and then we usually go out for the rest of the day. Prepare yourself for a ton of photos. 

Monterey Aquarium
Pretty views
Paige wouldn't touch anything but Paul wanted to touch it all. 
Zoey on the waterbed. 
The jelly fish are our favorites. 
Superfranks (indoor play place in Pleasonton)
She ate crap almost every time but couldn't get enough of this slide 
Zipline was so cool. 
Cute Paige
Paul on the zipline. He loved it and did it about 10 times. 
Better view
Paige liked riding this pink car since the one we have at our house is blue. 
The highlight of the day was this foam pit. Both kids had a blast. 
Paul jumping in
Practicing his backstroke. 
Zoey had some fun at Superfranks as well. 
I often find random pictures on my camera that my kids take. This one I actually like. Nice job Paige.  
Another one of Paige's photos. 
Paul has been posing like this a lot lately, Not going to lie, it kind of freaks me out. 
Playing outside in the backyard. It was such a beautiful day.  
It's like a clown car. 
Zoey loves riding in the back of this car. I have lots of pictures of Paige riding in the back around the same age and Paul driving. 
My happy baby. It is so crazy to see this baby walking around, almost running.  It looks weird, almost unnatural. 
Paige always ends up running around in her diaper. 
Paul loves doing somersaults. Thanks Aunt Shayna for teaching him this. 
Love this shot of  all three hanging out. 
Park Day! We were planning on going to the beach but didn't go at the last minute. We went to a park with lots of sand instead. 
Zoey loves to eat/play with the sand. This was her second time playing in the sand. 
This was Paige the whole time on the swing, "fly, fly, fly like a bird. Fly, fly, I'm flying like a bird."

Bucket head Paul
He really liked his new hat.  
Our first visit to Oakland Zoo 
Climbing trees with the big boys
Perfect size door
Every time we got to an animal, the kids were climbing or hanging on something. 
Paige wanted to hang like the big kids. 
Theyloved brushing the goats. 
Lands End, San Francisco. This was our first time here and it was breathtakingly beautiful. It was also fun spending the day with Uncle Eric and Aunt Shayna. 
Walking with Uncle Eric 
Crazy kids feel like they have to run everywhere. 
Paige loves riding on dad's shoulders

Paige walking with Uncle Eric. 
The Kid's Museum had a special for $21 off family memberships so went to renew ours. Paige loves painting. 
Paul enjoys finger painting. 
Paige will scoop up sand and fill a container with it over and over again for hours. It's amazing. 
Paul enjoyed trying to get as many funnels of sand going at one time. 
Again, Zoey enjoyed trying to eat the sand. 
Paul was really excited he found a mushroom chair he had never noticed before. 
Bubbles
And of course the water.  
Fog
Paul loved the face painting. This is also a picture of how I go out with my three kids. Zoey is always in a carrier on my front and then I have my two hands free to help the other kids. 
What a masterpiece. 
My cute firefighter
I love his imagination
Cute firefighters

Here are some photos of the crafts we did this week. I think I might start a craft blog as well so that I can remember all the crafts we do. 

Ice painting (water and food coloring). They loved this and did it 4 different days.

Our pretty artwork. I may have enjoyed it a little too. 
Dying pasta
Making necklaces. 
Paige was so proud of her necklace
They spent an hour doing necklaces and another 2 hours glueing the pasta onto paper.  
Painting shells. 
Blowing bubbles outside. Paige wants to blow bubbles everyday. 
Chalk art with water.


Ice painting with salt




 After the colored water was all gone, they cut the ice on the sidewalk for a half hour. 

Even with all the crafts and outings this week, they still got bored and did this one day. If you can't tell what they are, they are maxi pads. They were using them as skii's.

I also found these on my window sill.  I guess they were used as grenades. 

Paige going to play tennis with her life-vest and rain boots on
Zoey gets bored too
She gets stuck in our kitchen chairs every day and then calls for me to help her. 

5 comments:

shayna said...

Paige eats crap? This post has so many good things in it. I love Paul's bucket hat, Paige's pant-less running and Zoey's backseat driving.

emily said...

aww yes feminine hygiene products have so many uses. for sports and combat! you guys do so many great things. and your kids get cuter everyday.

California Garners said...

Ha ha ha ha. You have very creative kids! I bet they love the adventures you take them on (when they aren't re-purposing items they find under the bathroom sink.)

Anonymous said...

Eunnie! I love that you have a blog, I saw it on kristas! Can i add you to my list?? And man, you guys had a busy winter break! Good job!

Peggy said...

I remembered to look at the blog--and what a treat! Great pictures of the terrific three plus some of you and Paul. I like the one of Paige soaring on Paul's shoulders and Paul E. in the foam pit doing the back stroke.

You do so many creative and fun crafts. You should have a blog. Good idea putting the paper in a box while they paint and putting the paint brushes[?] in ice cube trays. Smart mama. The painted macaroni was amazing as was the colored salt on ice. Wow. Love it! You are doing great!