Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! What an exhausting day! I guess it didn't help that I was up late last night with girlfriends watching The Bachelor;) Well, the morning was spent getting ready for a Valentine's Day party we were having at our house with people from our church. We made some pink milk, pink covered marshmallows and heart-shaped pepperoni pizza. Around 11 am, 20 kids, 5 babies and 15 moms came to our house for food and a valentine exchange for the kids. It was A LOT of people in our house at one time but it was also a lot of fun. At the end of the party, it looked like a nuclear bomb had gone off. My kids were really helpful and together we had the house back in order in just a couple of hours. We may need to do this again next year for Paige and Zoey since it is so fun for the little ones not in school to do a valentine exchange. 

Paul tried to get home a little early from work last night and I got to spend the evening with my Valentine. We decided to stay in this year since Zoey has been waking up a lot at night due to teething:( Good news is that the tooth is almost breaking skin. We snuggled on the couch and watched a romantic comedy with a pint of our favorite dulce de leche Haagen-dazs ice cream. It you haven't tried it, you are missing out. Every year we say we are not going to get each other gifts but every year he still gets me something and it is always something really nice. It's kind of annoying but also really sweet. 
After every baby, I think how much harder marriage is during this time. We are both so tired and have little time to spend with just each other. I feel lucky that I am still so in love with Paul after over 10 years of dating/marriage. It hurts my head to try and figure exactly how many years it's been so I'll just leave it at "over 10 years." What little time we do have together is still playful and fun. We had some good laughs last night, mostly at his expense. I just really like him. 

Pink Milk
Valentine pizza!
Pink mrshmallows!
Passing out Valentines

Here is a picture of most of the kids. I think there are a few missing.  
My kids after the party going through their boxes. My valentine loves!
My cute Zoey at 9-months-old. 
Such a sweet face. 

4 comments:

Krista said...

I've been wanting to write you an email and thank you! Nuclear bomb was probably the perfect definition I'm sure after we all left. I wish I could have stayed to help clean up. I guess mostly I'm in awe of you and keeping cool and calm through the millions of kids and chaos at your house. You are awesome and thank you for hosting such a cute and fun party. My kids loved it, especially kai.

emily said...

I missed out again? so what did paul get you? huh huh huh? text me :)
sounds like a fun party. you throw some good ones.

Miss Bear said...

I always love your blog updates!! Your family is darling. We love and miss you guys!!

Unknown said...

Love the post. Hey Eunnie Ajay just moved here/S.F. We should all go to the city one night and rage.