Friday, April 22, 2011

Fun Stuff Close to Home

One of the many things I dislike about the last month of pregnancy is that you have to stay close to home. There were a few trips I wanted to take before the baby came but ran out of time and now we have to stay close to home. I have a little more than a week left before my due date and I'm probably the only pregnant woman to say this but I'm hoping she comes a week late. I feel like I need a little more time to do fun things with Paul and Paige before we have to spend more time at home. I only wish my body wasn't failing me. I still get around pretty well but feel pretty achy and tired at the end of the day. My mom is coming on Mother's Day so it would be perfect if she came right around that time. 

Here are some pictures of some fun things we've done around here this last month. Paul and Paige are starting to fight a little less and play together a little more which I LOVE. They are becoming good friends but also partners in crime. It's cute to see them laugh and chase each other around everywhere. Paul is trying to teach her how to share but so far it's not going too well. He says he is going to keep trying. I also find them squeezing my shampoo and conditioner out in my shower, hiding in a closet eating my secret pregnancy treats or bathing in a puddle of mud in the backyard. I hope baby #3 makes a great addition to this fun duo. 



Carousel ride with dad at Happy Hollow.
Feeding the overfed goats.
Paul feeding a goat. 
On the Frogger ride at Happy Hollow.
Palo Alto Zoo
Palo Alto Zoo
Paul pictured next to a cool shark.
Paige riding on a ferocious lion. 
Strawberry ride at Gilroy Gardens
Teacup like ride.  
Cute goldfish ride
Paige loves to wave while on rides. It's super cute. She loved this one. 
Paul found this one to be rather boring and read his map for most of the ride. 
Another fun ride for Paige hence the waving.
Another boring ride for Paul hence the map reading. I guess he is getting too old for some of these baby rides.
Paul and dad on the roller coaster. Paige was too short and mom was too pregnant. Boring....

Paul driving a sports car.
Paige trying to throw herself overboard the duck.
Mom was smart and forgot the stroller at home so Paul and Paige took turns on dad's shoulders on the walk out.  
Paige's turn.
Paige with my sunglasses at a new park we found.
Paul giving Paige a ride in her car. She had fun but the rides were pretty bumpy. 
Driving an ambulance at the kid's museum.
Playing in the water at the kid's museum. It looks like the smocks would do a decent job of keeping the kids dry but not for this kid. She gets soaking wet from head to toe every time. 
Paul does a better job of keeping dry because he knows his mom does not like it when he gets too wet. 
Fun art project. 
New lego train set Paul got from Grandpa and Grandma for his birthday! He loves it! Thank you again!!

Carousel at Happy Hollow. 
Carousel at Happy Hollow. 
Paul's favorite roller coaster. He rides this about 12 times in a row every time we go and his face looks like the one  pictured every time. 
Another coaster shot. 
Playground.
Paul helping Paige cross the bridge at the playground. It was pretty cute.
Park day. I'm glad the weather is so nice here right now because my kids really enjoy getting wet. 
Playing in the wet sand.
Paige found some pretty flowers on the ground.
Driving the train at the park. This day was momentous because Paige actually let me put a clip in her hair. She kept it in for half the day which is a new record. There's not a whole lot that's girly about this kid. She loves sand, dirt and mud. 

I'm hoping for two more weeks of this...

4 comments:

emily said...

they are such a fun duo. i love all these photos. seems like there are a lot of great things to do in your area.
i am praying for you. hope all is well and that you have an extra week. love you.

shayna said...

Ah yes....a little extra time to marinate never did any harm to a baby. I really wish I was around riding roller coasters and wearing horse collar life jackets with you and the family. I really love all of you, even more than the blues clues glasses. And that's a lot.

Peggy said...

I just made my way to the blog. I love it! the kids are so cute. You always find the best parks and play grounds. But I was disappointed not to get to see the baby bump.

Pearl said...

paige is so grown up now...awww.. miss you guys so much...we'll have to come visit some time.. maybe marcela and I could do a road trip..