Friday, June 22, 2012

A Graduation, a triathlon and beginning of summer

Paul graduated from preschool! I can't believe it! I also couldn't believe what a production the actual graduation was. There were 6 classes that graduated and it took an hour for the graduation to take place. Each class stood up and sang a song and then all 6 classes sang "Jesus Loves Me" in English and Spanish. Paul has been singing this song nonstop for the past 6 months and every song he makes up he sings to the tune of this song. I couldn't help but crack up when they sang this song. Then they called each child up one at a time to get their preschool diploma (nice piece of paper). After the ceremony, there was a fancy BBQ outside. Everything was super nice and there was a lot of support from family and friends. I couldn't believe all the parents, grand-parents, aunts, uncles and others that took time off to be at this event on a Wednesday morning. I think when I graduated preschool all I got was a high-five. 

Parents were saving seats as early as an hour before the graduation so we arrived a little early so we weren't sitting in the very back. Zoey skipped her morning nap to support Paul so she was extra cheery. You can't tell from this picture but she was not pleasant. 
Sweet Paige pretending to be part of the graduating class.
Paul sitting with his class. 
Paul getting his piece of paper. 
Paul and Mom
Paul with Dad 

My husband, Paul, is a tank. I mean he is a tank. Not only is he a tank but a competitive tank. He competed in his first relay triathlon in San Francisco this month. He did the riding portion, Shayna did the running and a friend did the swimming portion. They did awesome! We drove up the morning of but missed his transition and finish because it took us over an hour to find parking. We were sad to miss it. We even came ready with signs. Luckily, we were there in time for Shayna to finish. We were cheering her on but she was so focused on her run that she did not see or hear us. We were so proud of the both of them. P.S. Shayna is a tank too but in a hot ladylike way.


After his portion of the race. 
Number 2166 representing. 
Waiting for Shayna to come to the finish line. 
Paige and Eric
Shayna finishing strong

Summer is here and I feel like it is already flying by. Here are photos from some of our outings.

Paige at the kid's museum ringing a bell on a fire truck.
Paul at the kid's museum in an ambulance.
Zoey at the kid's museum playing with and tasting the sand. 
Zoey loved having Paul push her on this block. 
Paige our little artist loves to paint. 
Zoey loved the water. Still not sure how but she was wet from head to toe and she kept trying to drink the recycled water.  
Paige in front of some chicks at a farm we visited. She loved them. 
Paul and Paige at the farm. There were chickens, peacocks and ducks roaming free everywhere. 
In front of the barn. 
Paul loved chasing the chickens. 
Playing on the playground. 
Paige driving a tractor. 
Zoey also loved chasing the chickens. 
She also wanted to help me push Paige in the stroller. 
Paige feeding the weird looking ducks.  She wouldn't feed the goats but had no problem throwing food at the ducks. 
I had to cut Paul off from feeding the goats because I was running out of quarters. Having a goats tongue repeatedly touch your hand just grosses me out. I had to stop watching. This picture makes me want to chuck. We used lots of hand sanitizer this day.

4 comments:

laden backpack said...

emendsWhat a great spread of photos with the important descriptions included. So sad to hear you missed Paul's finish but we missed Brandon's plane when it landed when he came home from his mission so don't feel badly, these things happen. Thanks for a great post

Peggy said...

I didn't check the site and what happens-- an explosion of beautiful blogs. I loved these pictures and your writing has been so good. Wow, with a graduation like that, how can they beat it when he get through high school.

I'm proud of Paul and Shayna for being fit and fast and escaping from Alcatraz.

What a nice start to summer.

shayna said...

I am glad I am a lady-like tank. Did Paul get cash for graduation? I really love zoey in every picture. I feel like she's either eating something unsanitary or running wild. That's my girl.

emily said...

as always, i love seeing all these photos. they make me happy. i am also happy to have two tanks as siblings. lucky me.

don't ever feed a goat again, i don't want to see you chuck.