Our little Princess Paige turned 3 yesterday. I'm trying not to get sad on birthdays but all the birthdays this year have been a little rough for me. I remember how slow time seemed to go as a child. One day seemed so long and remember being bored a lot. I haven't felt bored in a little while now. There is so much to do all the time with little kids. Every year since I was a child has gone by faster than the last and this trend is not stopping. The same is true for this past year. I know I will love every stage of my children's lives but I can't help wish the current stages could last a little longer. I wasn't ready for the 2's to be over but I also love the 3's and I'm excited for her to be 3.
I've been wanting to make a rainbow cake for Paige for over a year now but changed my mind at the last minute. She still loves princesses so I had to go with that theme since next year she may be over it. I helped my good friend in Southern California make a princess castle cake for her daughter for her 3rd birthday and had to make it for Paige this year. It seemed like the perfect cake for my daughter who lives in a world of pink.
I was up until midnight the night before her birthday making her cake and decorating the room so that I could spend her actual birthday doing fun things with her.
I went to bed at 12:30 am and Paige came walking into our room at 1 am:) She occasionally will come in our room if she wakes up scared and sleeps with us the rest of the night. She hasn't come to our room in a while now but of course she came in the night before her big day. She slept at my feet the rest of the night which meant I didn't really sleep. My nice husband, woke up early and made birthday crepes for me so I could sleep in a little longer.
 |
| Crepe breakfast. |
 |
| Birthday girl at breakfast. |
 |
| We opened a few presents after breakfast. |
 |
| Her cousins introduced her to Beanie Boos and she is now obsessed with them. She got Spike, Bugsy, Porky, Nacho and Sting this morning to join her Rainbow. These are all her new companions at night. |
 |
| Playing with her Beanie Boos in her castle. |
 |
| Taking photos with her cake. She insisted on wearing all pink today. |
 |
| I loved this photo. |
 |
| After some playtime, we ventured to one of our favorite places, Happy Hollow, where she got to go on some fun rides. |
 |
| Zoey's first time on a ride. She loved it. |
 |
| This ride is always a hit. Four times on the Frogger. |
 |
| Her first time on the swings. |
 |
| She also got her face painted to complete her princess look. |
 |
| And Paul wanted a blue snack across his forehead. |
 |
| Cute faces. |
 |
| More pictures with her cake. |
 |
| And another. |
 |
| Her cake lit up. |
 |
| Props to Aunt EJ for sending this giant playhouse you can color. Fun for all 3 kids! Plus, my husband loves giant toys in our house;) |
Another year has gone by with my sweet Paige. Paige is so nurturing to her siblings as well as her toys. Every night when I pull down the sheets to her bed, I find some of her toys tucked in. She also thinks she is Zoey's second mother and bosses her around, kind of the way I boss everyone around. Every time she tells a story, it starts with, "Once upon a time, there was a Princess Paige who lived in a castle." I think it's cute but Paul complains every time that she always starts her stories this way. She loves her brother Paul. She follows him around everywhere. She just wants to be with him. She loves him so much she has learned all the Star Wars characters. She knows them all. If you ask her what Jar Jar Binks says, she will tell you, "How Rude", in his voice. She will do anything for a little piece of chocolate. Everyday I look at Paige and picture our relationship together when she is older. I know we will be great friends. When we visited my parents last month, they both told me that Paige is exactly the way I was when I was her age minus her bossy-ness. I just love that. She is my mini-me.
4 comments:
The pics are great. The cake is amazing. It is like the girls in this family are in gridlocked competition to see who can make the most amazing cake. It is amazing, it probably tasted yummy too. Paige looks great and looks like "her" day was a roaring success. So nice of you to make these special days soooo special. It is so fun to see shots of everyone one, thanks for a great post
Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess Paige. AmaZing! Two news houses and a castle new little furry friends. Who could ask for anything more! Thanks for making her day so special and to Paul too for the crepes. A great tradition.
Every picture of Paige with her cake are classic. She is hilarious. I totally understand wanted to follow an older brother around and wanting to be just like him. Sorry I am the worst aunt ever and don't drive down for birthday parties. The kids just need to stay up until 10, so I can see them when I get there. You are such a good mom.
that's really cute what your parents said about paige and you. that must feel good.
is that a princess tent that she got too? man, she scored this birthday! aaaand the cake is amazing. you and paul are greatgreat parents for doing it all.
Post a Comment