Paige is such a little sweetheart. She follows either me or Little Paul around the whole house everyday. However, if she is not at my feet and she is quiet, I know she is in one of the bathrooms doing this...
This happens about 3-5 times a day. It is especially awesome when it happens just after I put a new roll on.
Some of you know that I make tutus, mostly for gifts. I recently made a couple for some friends. I use Little Paul a lot when I measure the elastic so I know how big to make them. When I'm done, he insists on trying it on. I mean INSISTS often BEGS. After I put it away, he will still ask me to try it on. I probably shouldn't be blogging about this since I've been keeping it a secret from my husband. I don't think he would be so thrilled about Paul prancing around the front room in a tutu (and yes he prances). I doubt he reads this anyway;)
Paul in the new tutu
Paige modeling another one I made
Here is a picture of what Paige looks like right before her baths. Her hair is getting pretty long and it's starting to get in her eyes if I leave it down so it goes up in one or two little pony tails. When I take them out at the end of the day, she looks like this...
Pretty cute
For some reason, I am unable to keep my son from jumping into a mud puddle if there is one close by. He can't stay away from them. It's like they call his name. I just make sure to keep an extra set of clothes for him every time I leave the house.
Jumping in a mud puddle
Of course his best friend always joins in for the fun
The other night Little Paul was talking a lot about waterfalls so I thought I would try to use his new excitement for waterfalls to make it up this hour hike to a waterfall at Eaton Canyon. We've been wanting to hike there for years but have never made it there with Paul. He wont stay in a backpack and he gets distracted by every little rock and stick. Well we tried it and we finally made it! Paul walked the whole way.
Babies on our backs
There were 2 little waterfalls on the way to the big one
Holding hands helping each other up
At the waterfall. Paul was not happy we were making him pose for a picture. He wanted to get in the water. Actually, he wanted to slide down the waterfall. We didn't think that would be a good idea.
Paige was happy to pose
Paul in the water with dad
He crashed on the floor by his bed when we got home
For Father's Day every year, we go to the sidewalk festival at the Paseo Mall in Pasadena. It has been a tradition since Paul was born. It's sad we have to quit a couple of our family traditions now that we are moving to Utah. This was one and another one was going to Disneyland on our birthdays. So sad :(
Paul got a dragon painted on his arm.
This was Paul's favorite one. Can you guess why?
This was my favorite
This year they had a little car show as well. Here they are in front of a helicopter
This was Paul's favorite car. I don't know why it made him want to lift up his shirt.
Paul and Paige are becoming quite good friends as of late. I find them chasing each other around, rolling around together in blankets and pointing fingers at each other to cast spells. It is so cute. Paige follows Paul around everywhere and wants to play with whatever he is playing with. She will actually take the toy right out of his hand. Sometimes when this happens, Paul will pick her up and put her on his bed so he can play. For some reason, she already knows not to get down from high places and will whine until I come and get her. It's sad but also kind of funny.
Love this picture of the two. It is so hard to get them to both look and smile at the camera.
On June 21st, my little girl turned 1! I still can't believe how fast this year has gone by. Paige amazes me with what she knows and can do everyday. She is so mature for her age and it seems like she understands so much already. She crawled at 7 months and started walking at 10 1/2 months which was the same time as Paul. She spends most of her day picking up stuff, dropping them off some where and then picking them up again. She loves to put lids onto things even the smallest cap. She also loves to pretend she is talking on the phone and eating with a utensil. She says mom, dad, ow (for ouch), hi and no. She waves good-bye and blows on food that is too hot. She also walks around casting spells on people with a pointed finger (courtesy of her older brother). She loves to be outside and everyday will get her shoes and give them to me. Actually, she throws them at me. She also throws something in my lap and grunts if she wants me to open it. Paige really is the sweetest girl and such a charmer. She loves to give hugs and kisses. She gives them to us but she also gives them to everyone else. She reminds me of a little sour patch kid. She is so sweet on the inside but if you ever take something away or remove her from somewhere, you have one coming. This girl has got an ATTITUDE. She will arch her back and throw herself on the floor. It's pretty dramatic. We love Paige SO MUCH! Happy Birthday!
Here is the cake I made for her birthday with the help of a couple of my friends. It was my first fondant cake.
Paige with her friends.
Our little princess
Paige took 3 small bites of her cake and then set it nicely on the counter.
Then I gave it back to her and she mutilated it and threw the pieces on the floor. Not sure why I gave it back to her.
Paul with his best friends. Matthew was in the bathroom and didn't make it in the picture.
Paige with her best friends. It worked out great, Paige is friends with the siblings of Paul's friends.
8 comments:
i love that paul loves the tutus. both the kiddies look really cute in them. and you're really talented. will you make one for me? if so, i will make up a dance in your honor and perform it for you. thanks.
pretty waterfalls.
i think the green vw van caused little paul to pull up his shirt but it just brings out his hippie side? merh?
happy birthday little paige. i love that we got a little taste of these cute traits she has developed. she really is such a sweet little girl. and well, the fact that she nicely put her cake on the counter is hilarious!!
p.s. great job on the cake!!!
Please teach me how to make a tutu. Green always make me want to take my shirt off. We need to start some side walk fairs in Utah. I've always really liked sour patch kids. I'm in love with all of Paige's friends, well and Paul's too. HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY PAIGE!!!
p.s. you're still the hottest mom around.
Can't believe Paige is one!!! So so so cute. I love her cake, I love your tutu's...seriously, you are amazing!
I just not realized I don't recognize your house since I never saw it finished! It looks fabulous!
Give your kiddies a kiss for me!
and that would be I just "now" realized...my typing skills aren't up to par these days. :)
Thanks for the blog.I miss all of you. It is great to be a part of Paige's birthday via blog! The cake was amazing. I'm impressed. Most impressive is the little lady's reaction to the cake.
They all love toilette paper. Someone must be leaving the door open to the bathroom. Oh, I get it, you have to now that Paul is toilette trained. Do you have a new square toilette?
i just showed joss this post and when she saw paul in a tutu, she said. "he don't want to wear a tutu. i want to wear a tutu." ha!
Hi! Have you moved to Utah yet? We need to hang out!
Post a Comment