Monday, July 27, 2009

The last 5 weeks

Paige is now 5 weeks old! I am really lucky to have had so many family members and friends help me during Paige's early weeks. Grandma Proctor and Grandpa Proctor were the first to visit us. They arrived the evening Paige was born and took care of Little Paul while we were in the hospital. Grandpa left after a couple of days but Grandma was kind enough to stay for a week. Here is a picture with Grandma and our two little ones. We had such a nice time with them here. 


Here is Paul with Paige. I like this picture because it looks like Paul is sleeping here but he really isn't. He likes to pretend he is sleeping. For those that know Paul well, you know that Paul does not nap. He dropped his nap really early. He's like the Duracell Bunny, he keeps going and going and going. 

Here is Paige at 2 1/2 weeks old. 

After Grandma Proctor left, Grandma Park arrived for 2 weeks. She made us lots and lots of delicious Korean food and took Little Paul out to some really fun places during the day. It was so nice to have her here. We all ate really well and I was able to get a lot of rest. Uncle Chong also took Paul out as well. Here are some pictures from their outings. 



Here is Paul and Paige. 



Paul likes to make messes. There have been more and more messes with Paige's arrival since I am not able to keep my eye on him all the time. I often find messes like this one pictured below. Paul had a little run in with Desitin. 


Here is Baby Paige at 4 weeks old. She is changing so much. If you look at her newborn pictures, she looks totally different. We still don't know who she looks like yet.  These pictures are from the beach. 




Here is another mess made by Paul. He decided to pour himself a cup of OJ while I was on the phone with Grandma wishing her a happy birthday.

Here is Paul at the wading pool.

This is the baby doll I gave to Paul right after we got home from the hospital. I heard it was a good idea to give your toddler a baby they could play with while you were tending to yours. I found Paul carrying the baby around with it's head hanging by it's wires. So much for that idea. 


Aunt Shayna came to visit us last week. She was such a big help and made us some yummy meals. We also went out to some fun places and Paul had a really great time with her. 



Paige has been a really good baby so far which has made the transition to two kids a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Paul had a little bit of a rough time getting used to sharing my attention but is doing a lot better these days. He loves Paige and I think they will grow to be really good friends. Thank you everyone for all of your help during this busy time. We love you all!

6 comments:

emily said...

1. so nice that b paul pretends to sleep with paige. ha, hahahaha.
2. paige looks gorgeous. i can't wait to meet her. i love the second photo at the beach where she's saying "woot"
3. b paul and desitin. haaaaaaa
4. i'm glad shayna got to come and help. i wish i could've been there too. soon. we'll see you soon (i hope!!)
looove you.

Angela said...

I LOVED your update!! Paige is so beautiful and I love her gorgeous eyes. The pictures of Paul are hilarious - my favorites are the Desitin and the baby doll pictures. I hope you are feeling great and loving your adorable family. Miss you!!

Miss Bear said...

I think Shayna and your mom can come my way and cook delicious meals!! :)
Yay for the update! Paige is adorable, and it is so fun to see how much she has changed since she was born! We need to make a trip out to meet her!
Love you guys!!!

shayna said...

oh I miss you guys...I really should look into moving in for a few months and just being your extra hand and your person to have adult conversations with...

Sarahp said...

Hello! Just checking up on and you, and Oh my goodness, she is such a doll. I loved those beach shots. I'm so happy for you. And those pics of Paul are hilarious. It sounds like you are such a good sport. I look forward to scrolling down to see more pics of Paige--love the name too.

Lorie said...

She is so adorable! I can't believe you were able to take pictures of those messes. I think I might have been in tears. I'm glad that you've had a lot of help, and that Paige has been a good baby. Newborns are so hard!