Thursday, May 14, 2009

Busy Weeks

So, we've been pretty busy here these last few weeks. Here is a quick recap of what we have been up to. 

Paul and I took a trip to the California Science Museum and had a great time. Paul loved playing with the planes and trucks in the Discovery Room. He also loved the chicks. We were lucky to see a few that had just hatched. 





Here is Paul at Cal-Tech visiting the pond of turtles. 



A couple of weekends ago, Paul took Little Paul on a Father/Child camping trip at Big Sur. Paul's brother and daughter went as well as another good friend and son. They spent Saturday at the Monterey Aquarium and then camped out that night. Considering this was Little Paul's first camping trip, I think it went pretty well. He had a difficult time wanting to go to sleep but other than that he had a great time. They came home pretty smelly but I was just happy they were in one piece. 







This is Paul in the tent crying because he didn't want to go to sleep. 



Here is our trip to the L.A. Zoo the other day. Paul loved the giraffes. Part of the zoo was under construction and Paul spent about an hour looking through a hole in the tarp at the excavators and diggers. He also had a good time playing at the playground. 





Here is Paul at Travel Town. He loved riding the little train around the museum. However, he was a deathly afraid of the train conductor. I had to carry him on the train both times we rode it. 



The days we stayed around town were spent with Paul playing in the dirt with his trucks. Every morning he asks to go to the park and play with dirt. 



We were lucky to get tickets to the free day at Huntington Gardens. We spent the whole time in the Children's Garden playing in the water and running around. 




Last weekend we had our sister-in-law and her two kids in town. We spent two days at Disneyland and a day at Sea World. We also celebrated Mother's Day together as well as my birthday. 

Brooklyn and Paul on the tea cups.

Brooklyn on the carousel. 

Paul on the carousel.

The honey pots in front of the Winnie-The-Pooh ride. 

Paul and Paul visiting the sharks at Sea World. 

Shark teeth. 

Paul and Brooklyn in front of the flamingos. 

Shamu

Minnie Mouse

Monsters Inc.


Water fun at California Adventure.



Happy 28th to me. 

Brooklyn enjoying her cupcake. 

For my birthday this year, my list consisted of items I wanted for the new baby. However, my sweet husband decided to get something for me instead of something I wanted for the baby. He got me a maternity massage, spa manicure and spa pedicure.  I've only had one other professional massage and it was while I was pregnant with Paul. Let's just say it was great. I'm really excited to go redeem my gifts. 

I have 5 weeks left before Baby Paige is supposed to arrive. We are going to be in Salt Lake City for a week and then my goal is to take it easy until the baby arrives. I'm having a hard time slowing down. There is so much I want to do and get done before she comes. We are getting excited. 

6 comments:

emily said...

I am so excited for Paige to come!! I wish I could be there... all of it looks like so much fun. I love the photos of your cute self, b Paul and Brooklyn smiling large and Paul and b Paul on the coast (my favorite).

I also feel like I might have inspired your gift from Paul a little... I told him to get you something to make you feel pretty :) Regardless, you're pretty all the time.

Oh man, I miss you guys a lot. Can we play sometime soon?

krisjane said...

You guys sure have been on the go! It all sounds so fun!! You look great and I can't wait to see pictures of baby Paige!! :)

julia said...

that all looks fun!! i can't wait till baby bender comes along so i can join you on these excursions. happy birthday!!

Peggy said...

What a fun action packed time you've had. I really blew it about your 28th. Hopefully we can make it up and extend the season of cheer.
I we scared of the croc and of the cliff at Big Sur and of the big crocdile tears on wee Paul's face. What wonderful times. The aquarium looked amazing, as did sea world. Just as I remember Shamo. See you soon!!

Seth & Courtney said...

What fun times! You are such a cute pregnant mommy! I hope everything goes great with Paige's arrival. Happy belated Birthday!

shayna said...

Well, I guess it's true. I have to have a kid to join the very exclusive mother's club. Look at all the cool things you do? Let me know when you want me to come to be an extra hand and join in the Minnie Mouse pictures.