Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween

I sit here and post this blog while my 2-year-old tosses and turns next to me trying to fall asleep. I hear fake snores every few seconds. We still can't get her to stay in her bed all night long. Right now we have Little Paul in the room with her but she still wakes up and runs out crying for dad or mom. She is such a stubborn girl and I feel so sleep deprived right now. Not only is Paige not sleeping, Zoey still wakes up 2-3 times per night. And on top of that, I got really sick a few days ago with bad body aches and a fever. Paul had finals this past week so I was flying solo the whole week while sick. It was pretty awesome. Lil Paul was so sweet the first day (my sickest day). He helped me out the whole day by playing nicely with Paige, cleaning up the toys and getting things for me when I needed them. I thought about pretending to be sick again at some point because I saw a side of Paul I hadn't seen in a long time.  Unfortunately, Paige and Zoey could have cared less that I was sick. It really is an awful thing that moms have zero sick days. For other working people, you get to call in sick and take care of yourself the rest of the day. Stay-at-home parents, unless their spouse or parents' are available to help, do not get to rest and get well. They have to try to take care of themselves as well as other little people that are constantly needing/demanding things. As my sister-in-law would say, "I wanted to light myself on fire" that first day. I don't like taking drugs unless absolutely necessary while nursing so I didn't take anything for my aches or fever. I went to sleep three nights in a row at 7pm with my kids. Paul normally takes the day off when I am really sick but he had no time this week because of his finals. He was up every night until midnight trying to get them done. I feel better now but I think he is now starting to feel sick:( The kids so far have felt fine but fingers crossed.  

Well, Halloween came and went again this year. We took a last minute trip to Saint George and celebrated part of Halloween there with Grandpa, Grandma, Kristen and her kids. We also got to meet "New Baby"! He doesn't have a name yet per the Westenskow tradition of waiting a few weeks but he is awfully cute and sweet. I'm so happy I got to meet him just shy of 2 weeks because I won't see him again until Christmas and I know he will look like a completely different baby then. To celebrate Halloween, we made some fun/yummy Halloween cookies and got dressed up for a Trunk-or-Treat one night. We brought our costumes with us but Kristen didn't bring theirs. She somehow whipped up costumes in about 10 minutes from dress up clothes that Grandma had in the basement. She is amazing and they looked amazing too. We decided to be Super Heroes this year. Paul dressed up as Captain America, I was Spider-Girl, Lil Paul was Iron Man, Paige was Wonder Woman and Zoey was Batgirl. The best part of the night were all the kids that thought Paul was the real Captain America. One kid told him he had his movie at home. It was pretty awesome. We got back Sunday night and went Trick-or-Treating in our neighborhood with Aunt Shayna. We had a really fun time. They got quite a bit of candy and at one of the last houses we got to pick some apples from this lady's apple tree. Paul ended the night not eating candy but his organic apple:) My kids were really good this year and donated some candy to Uncle Eric and almost the rest to the troops.


Pumpkins we painted right before leaving for St. George
The kids with their pumpkins

Pumpkin Patch by our house. 

 Paul trying to hold onto Zoey who is constantly moving. She  also officially crawling now as well 

Paul running through the hay bales

 Paul running through the pumpkins. There were "no running" signs posted everywhere but we couldn't stop this kid. Plus he was having too much fun. 

Paige's "baby pumpkin". She carried this with her the whole time we were there. 
 Again the running. We are bad parents...
The girls at Grandma and Grandpa's house
I got the kids all to take one picture for me on the couch with Sam's pumpkin.
Jane and Paige hiding out behind the couch
Hiding from the boys
Dress ups. This is the smile Jane gave me almost every time I told her to say "cheese." It was pretty cute. Oh, and she called me "mom" for two days straight. That was pretty cute too. 
Cookies!


There is that cute smile again!
My new nephew!
At the park. It was so nice out that day!
Annie's pretzel/cashew face:)
Paige's pretzel face:)
So tired....
Trunk-or-Treat
All of us
Our Super Hero Family
Kristen as an 80's prom queen, Sam as a knight, Annie as a princess and Jane as a witch. 
Baby as a pumpkin!
Zoey as batgirl
Iron Man. 
Halloween Night!
My cute Wonder Woman.
Spider Girl
Paul eating his apple!


Well Paige is finally asleep, at least for now....

3 comments:

emily said...

oh man. you are my hero. stay at home parents are my heros. i don't know how you do it. are you feeling better now? i sure hope so... i'm so sorry. i really wish i was your live-in-helper. sound good to you?

love your superhero fam. love that paul only had his apple. love everything about you guys.

Justin said...

LOve the the superhero theme. Batgirl is pretty dang cute. the picture where the cousins are hanging out behind the couch is classic. Its so fun with cousins.

shayna said...

Now Eunnie, we need to come to an agreement. I want to let you know how serious I am about coming and taking care of you and the kids when you're sick. Remember? I live close. Please ask me to help. I can't get enough of Paul in the captain America costume. I think he's the winner this year. Love you.